Programs and Services
- 1.The Preforming Arts Courses
The Performing Arts Courses include Music, Art, Dance, Design, Drama courses and so on, these courses are designed to excite students' interests. There are 2 classes on every Thursday. The grade of art courses will be integrated into the student's total grade.
There are 3 bands established till now: Orchestra, Chorus and Chinese Traditional Orchestra.
In March 2015, the KCISEC Orchestra was officially established and received enormous support from the administration, especially from Chairman Mike Lee and Superintendent Charlie Chang. The KCISEC Orchestra features more than one hundred students from Grades 3 to 12. Since its inception, the orchestra has gained a positive reputation thanks to the outstanding support of the Board of Directors, Superintendent Charlie Chang, Principal Victor Chuang of the International Department, Principal Shuhui Chang of the Bilingual Department, and the parents.
Although it is only in its fourth year, the KCISEC Orchestra has participated in several events and held many performances. Students of the KCISEC Orchestra continue to make progress and are able to fulfill the expectations of their instructors. With attentive guidance and the parents’ strong support and recognition, the KCISEC Orchestra’s growth has been outstanding.
If you want to join in our Orchestra, please feel free to contact Yu-Chieh Chou(Performing Arts Coordinator, Tel: 86-512-82699660) or go to Performing Arts Center to apply.
With the support of school leaders and parents, Chorus was officially established in March 2019. Our chorus consists of students from grade 6 to grade 12 and till now it has more than 60 members. We believe that with our joint efforts, the chorus will be stronger.
If you want to join in our Chorus, please feel free to contact Yu-Chieh Chou(Performing Arts Coordinator, Tel: 86-512-82699660) or go to Performing Arts Center to apply.
- (3)Chinese Traditional Orchestra
Chinese Traditional Orchestra consists of some Chinese traditional musical instruments, although there is a few people know these instruments, but it is exactly can bring us beautiful melody. KCISEC Chinese Traditional Orchestra was established in August 2019, after several months’ training, the orchestra has been able to represent our school to participate in some performing activities. Let’s hope it’s growing day by day.
If you want to join in our Chinese Traditional Orchestra, please feel free to contact Yu-Chieh Chou(Performing Arts Coordinator, Tel: 86-512-82699660) or go to Performing Arts Center to apply.
- 3.Arts Appreciation Passport
- 1).The verification of this arts passport is integrated into the grades of the arts subjects (musical instrument class, music, arts), accounting for 10% of the grades.
- 2).Each student is required to attend academic visual arts activities as well as performing arts activities at least once respectively each Semester. Students may keep the stub of the ticket or have the passport stamped by the organizations. After the activity, students may bring the passport to the Performing Arts Center for verification. If students attend the activities abroad, they can also get the verification from the Performing Arts Center.
- 3).The arts appreciation falls into two categories:
- (a).Visual arts: academic exhibitions including painting, sculpture, photography, space-design exhibitions.
- (b).Performing arts: academic events including concerts, opera, stage drama, musicals, dancing, and traditional drama.
- 4).All students are required to attend academic visual arts activities as well as performing arts activities respectively at least once each semester, and get the verification before December 10 in the first semester, April 30 the second semester.(Specific date should be according to the notice from Performing Arts Center)
- 5).If students attend more activities than required, they will receive an extra one point on their score for each activity, the maximum is two points.
- 6).This passport should be kept carefully, and if it is lost, students should apply for a new one, and all the previous records will be irreversible.
In order to create a good atmosphere for art learning, the Preforming Arts Center holds the Lunch-time Performance in Canteen every week. We sincerely invite all students who are interested to join us. Students who attend the performance will be rewarded once.
- 5.After-school art courses
In order to implement the roots and promotion of art, enrich students' talents and their after-school activities, the school provides one-to-one after-school art courses to meet the needs of some students' self-fulfillment.
- 1).After-school art courses can be applied at the beginning of semester, the charge standard is 5250RMB/15 classes (More money will be returned, the actual charge will subject to financial settlement)
- 2).After-school art courses include Music, Art, Dance, Design course and so on. For example, Piano, Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon, Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone, Horn, Tube, Percussion, Drum Set, Ukulele, Folk Guitar, Classic Guitar, Hip-hop, Jazz, Modern dance, Folk dance, Sketch, Watercolor, Art design, Guitar Band etc.
School Provides Piano Rooms for students to practice, students can apply for the piano room if they need.
Witty Lin(Performing Arts Director)
Yu-Chieh Chou(Performing Arts Coordinator)
Connie Xin(Administration Coordinator)
Mon. -Fri. 9:00-18:00 GMT+8