College Counseling Office
The counseling office of the international department in Kang Chiao is comprised of a professional counseling team. The services we provide include overseas college application guidance, psycho-education, and school counseling. We devote ourselves to several goals: To ensure students are receiving the full benefits of their learning at Kang Chiao, and to ensure their success in the future as they begin college applications.
Tel: +86 (0) 512 8269 9686（College Counseling）
+86 (0) 512 8269 9692（School Counseling）
Working Hours: Mon. - Fri. 9:00-18:00 GMT+8 (College Counseling)
Mon. - Fri. 9:00-18:00 GMT+8 (School Counseling)
(Director of Counseling Office)
Location & Working Hours
No.500 Xihuan Rd.,Huaqiao Economic Development Zone, Kunshan City, Jiangsu, China
By Subway from Shanghai:
Take Subway No.11 and get off at Huaqiao Station about 80 min, then take the taxi (4km) about 9 min.
By high-speed train(CRH) from Shanghai:
Take CRH from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station and get off at CRH KunShan South Station(18min), then take the taxi (20km) about 30 min.
By Car from Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport: (43min)
By Car from Shanghai Pudong International Airport: (1hr 29min)
Mon. - Fri. 9:00-18:00 GMT+8 (College Counseling)
Mon. - Fri. 8:00-17:00 GMT+8 (School Counseling)
Tel: +86 (0) 512 8269 9686 (College Counseling)
+86 (0) 512 8269 9692 (School Counseling)
The College Counseling Office is comprised of a professional counseling team. The team members have either studied overseas or have had rich experience in the field of counseling. We devote ourselves to several goals: To ensure students are receiving the full benefits of their time at Kang Chiao, and to ensure their success in the future as they begin college applications. In order to realize these goals, we have established an integrated counseling system throughout Grades 9 through 12 to help students plan their educational path, prepare their college applications and finally to help them enter their dream schools. Meanwhile, we have introduced the Cialfo system, which is used extensively in International high school. This system is trusted by overseas colleges and universities to keep complete and accurate records for students and to track their application process. Furthermore, we attend the International Association For College Admission Counseling (IACAC) in America every year to keep close contact and build rapport with the overseas colleges and universities admission officers. This is done to achieve our final goal: To obtain the latest information regarding admissions requirements and to provide the most accurate instructions and assistance to students.
In order to fulfill these goals, we have established an integrated counseling system throughout Grades 9 through 12. The college counseling team provides the following services:
- Help students plan their educational path, prepare their college applications and finally to help them enter their dream schools.
- Help students to prepare for tests like TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, and ACT and track their GPA result.
- Introduce the Cialfo system, which is used extensively in International high school.
- Arrange students' summer and winter activities such as overseas colleges visit, summer schools, or winter camps.
- Build rapport with the overseas colleges and universities admission officers.
- Host sessions to provide the latest information regarding admissions requirements and the most accurate instructions and assistance to students.
- Invite University Admissions Officers to host info sessions on campus.
- Host college fairs annually.
- Set up career counseling courses for 10th graders which includes career exploration, Holland
assessments provided by Kuder Inc. and college exploration.
College Counseling Software：
College Online Application System:
College Search Engine:
The school counseling service was established in assistance of the Counseling Center of International Department to develop G6-11th graders' to the fullest potential, help them work through adjustment issues whether at school or in dormitory, promote their overall mental health as well as assist them in developing self-exploration process and expanding the skills of problem-solving in order to be well-prepared before studying aboard. The content of school counseling service of KCISEC not only derives from the Mental Health Promotion concept built and conducted by professionals from the West and East, but also being adjusted due to cultural differences in Asia.
Counselors' scope of responsibilities：
- Coordinator of School Counseling Division: Ryan Kuo(Extension#9680) The high school team provides holistic school counseling services for 9th, 10th ,11th and 12th graders.
- Associate Coordinator of School Counseling Division: Patrick Chen(Extension#9696) The middle high school team provides holistic mental health service for 6th, 7th ,8th graders.
Primary Prevention - The goal is to assist individuals with no concerns to gain mentality strength, develop one's potential to the fullest and obtain problem-solving skills.
Services - potential development programs, counseling courses, lectures, workshops, on-line platforms for promotion and large - scale Psychological testing.
Secondary Prevention - The goal is to assist individuals with some concerns by making proper evaluations and preventions to reduce the impact.
Services - Individual and group counseling, psychological testing, support system.
Tertiary Prevention - The goal is to assist individuals with necessity to obtain additional care from resources outside school.
Services - referrals, evaluation and resources integration.
- Shanghai Hongkou District Mental Health Center
- Website - http://www.shhkjw.com/
- Address - No.159, Tongxin Road, Shanghai
- Telephone - +86 (21) 56790661
- Suzhou Guangji Hospital
- Website - http://www.szgjyy.com/en/html/679.htm
- Address - No.286, Guangji Road, Jinchang District, Suzhou, Jiangsu
- Telephone - +86 (0) 512 6533 1340
- Aiding Counseling Center
- Website - http://www.aiding.co/
- Address - Room 1104, No.19, Guangji South Road, Gusu District, Suzhou
- Telephone - +86 (21) 400-6306-601、+86 (0) 512-80810102